The Moose Jaw Multicultural Council (MJMC) is a non-profit charitable organization. We provide a full range of Settlement, Orientation and Language services for Newcomers to Canada who have chosed to make Moose Jaw and area their home. MJMC also acts as an umbrella for cultural member groups within the community. We are overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors and were formed in 1974.
Our Mission Statement
The Moose Jaw Multicultural Council welcomes and integrates newcomers to Canada, and develops harmonious relations among Canadians, through programs and activities that recognize, respect and promote the positive aspects of cultural diversity, and that seek to discover, encourage and develop commonalities among people.
- Further the development and promotion of a pluralistic society where multiculturalism can flourish so as to enrich our Canadian heritage.
- Provide assistance and guidance to refugees and immigrants so that they feel supported in their adjustment, settlement, integration and participation in the community of Moose Jaw and surrounding area.
- Represent the interests of all people in the community of Moose Jaw in association with other persons and organizations provincially, nationally and internationally who hold the same interests and vision of the MJMC.
- To work collaboratively with all levels of Government (i.e. municipal, provincial and federal) to advance our common interests. MJMC will work in partnership with all concerned parties to establish the effective achievement of their and our objectives.
- Create awareness, understanding and acknowledgement towards integration and the acceptance of newcomers in our community.